Re: BootX & Booting without keyboard/monitor

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:45:01PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:42:18AM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > Ok... but I remember doing something very similar before, and that was with
> > 2.2.17.
>
> you also need to compile your kernel without BootX support.  that at
> least used to break quik, it may be ok now, but i still prefer to keep
> bootx support off.
>
> > My problem wasn't with quik, OF wouldn't even find it... :(
>
> make sure you use partition 0 as thats all OF on those understands.

Yes, thanks.

I already have several machines that have a very small (50MB) MacOS 8.5
partition to use BootX.

MacOS was installed on the first possible partition (mostly /dev/sda5) with
linux on sda >= 6.

I'm going to initially try quik with a MacOS clean setup, but I'm wondering
about these machines I've already setup.

Since OF looks through the partitions for a bootable one, will it skip the
HFS partition and continue looking to find the Linux partition?

Mike