Re: new preliminary packages for mol in incoming (0.9.58-1)

Hi,

Ethan Benson writes:

> you need to move the nvram file to /var/lib: i keep /usr mounted
> read-only, the FHS allows this, and debian policy mandates FHS
> compliance.

I knew I had forgotten one.  Thanks for pointing this out.

> you need to save the md5sum of the debconf generated config and ask
> the user what to do if it does not match on future upgrades, try to
> replicate the standard dpkg conffile behavior.

Presently, i.e. in the version I am working on, I use the approach of
the xserver-xfree86 package.  If a configuration file exists, debconf
asks whether to overwrite it based on the answers to the following
questions.

> i also looked at the startmol script again.  it has some inexcusable
> /tmp races.  i will probably write a patch to fix it later,
> but you can see where they are by reading the script.

Indeed.  They use mktemp(1) now and should be safe.  Then again, isn't
it one big security hole just to run MacOS?

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe le djuz tqtaj!