Re: Delete key?

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:38:57AM -0700, Peter Canning wrote:
> At 08:02 AM 5/2/2001, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> >just curious, ...
> >
> >do you know how to enable a second such stuff to halt instead of rebooting ?
> >
> >Friendly,
> >
> >Sven Luther
>
> No I don't, although I wish I did.  My impression (admittedly just a guess)
> is that the use of Ctrl-Shift-Power is controlled on somewhere deep in some
> driver, so I expect it would require driver work there to get another key
> combination to halt.

no, init is responible for its behavior. init can also catch other key
combos, see the example in /etc/inittab for alt-up-arrow.  also see
debian-user archives for many many examples of this.

it might not work right on powerpc since the keyboard stuff is so
screwed up... maybe with linux keycodes.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/