Re: Stable kernel tree

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Leandro Noferini wrote:

> Excuseme  for my  poor information:  my iBook  is the  old  model (the
> orange   one)   and  I   have   a   kernel   2.4.14  working   (quite)
> fine. Everything  is good with this but  when i compiled it  I put the
> support for hfs file system as  module and so ybin doesn't work; now I
> have no more the source for this and new sources doesn't work for me.

You don't need HFS filesystem support in the kernel. The ybin installer
(now part of the Yaboot package) uses the userspace HFS tools (hfsutils)
for creating the HFS filesystem and copying files for the bootstrap
partition.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN