Re: Install on a Wallstreet 300

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 21:25, Pan wrote:
> I have a couple of questions
> First, I'm trying to install debian on my laptop (it's powerbook G3,
> wallstreet model I think, 300 mghz). It was the top of the line when it
> came out. I'd like to know if this is considered newworld or oldworld,
> because I can boot to OF, but I can't boot off the cd.

you need to use bootX.

I have partitioned my  HD so:

200 Mb HFS for a small OS9
125 MB Swap
1.5 GB Root linux
3.6 GB Home linux

The "problem" is that you need to use SID instead Potato, but if you
have a decent internet connection is not a problem.

go to

Seem to the author have some problem today.
Try it tomorrow. In any case I have the configuration file for X and the
International Keybord of a US wallstreet Apple.But is esay to change in
a german or spanish or italian layout.

you can find it in my server:

I have write too something about PowerMac in my site, but is in Italian
Is better that you refire to the FirtAid Documentation.

> And second, I read a couple of times about installing linuxppc and
> installing Debian on top of it. Where can I find information about that
> process, or what would be the best way of doing it?

I don't know this distro, I come from i386 with debian and i love to
stay with my "bebyan"  :-)

Massimo Biffi  LocTeam Barcelona - Spain
Debian/Sid on PowerBook Apple G3