Re: Buildd Failures Update

Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:37:49PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> > Requeue Needed (builds fine for me)
> > --------------
>
> > scsitools - wish should be installed properly.
> > netdude - no failure log for latest version.
> > netcfg - no failure log (old - 2001 Jun 18)
>
> When I asked about working on stuff I was told to just upload stuff if
> it built.  What's the party line?

I can't/don't/won't speak for Dan, but in general, uploading stuff
because it `works for you' (aka 'human auto-building') is, IMNSHO, bad
practice.  If something doesn't auto-build cleanly, it should be
fixed.  If it was a problem with the buildd, then the buildd should be
fixed.  If it was cosmic rays, it should be retried (or whatever).  If
you fix it by building it by hand, that's okay now, but when the next
upload comes along (and assuming it wasn't cosmic rays (which it rarely
is)), it's simply going to fail again and you may not be around to
play human auto-builder that time round.

--
James