From: "Stefan Werner" <stewer@mac.com>
To: <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: kernel: make config for ibook2

Hi,

On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 03:47  AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
I have used make config and recompiled benh's kernel for my ibook 2.

However, after booting up, the keyboard wasn't working. Does anyone knows
the kernel options that are responsible for making the keyboard works?

Assuming you are running woody and/or sid, you most likely need to
disable CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES. As a workaround, you can pass
keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 to the kernel

AFAIR the disabling CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES is considered the workaround
and keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 is the solution.

However, Chu, you did not write that "wasn't working" means: Doesn't it
work at all or do you get a very weird keymap? If you have a completely
non-functional keyboard, you need to include support for ADB input
devices in your kernel (the keyboard appears as ADB device, the Trackpad
as a USB device). If you have the weird keymap, adding
keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 to the kernel parameters (a good place
to do that is /etc/yaboot.conf).

I ran into the same problem, and adding this line fixed it for me.

Stefan

PS: Sorry Michael for getting this mail twice - I didn't see that the
list server does not set the reply-to: to the list address.