Patches for laptop owners

Hi,

Has anyone on this list any idea if patches to enhance usability for *book laptop users already exist ?

In particular, I am looking for the following  :

- An emacs friendly keyboard remapping where caps lock acts as the ctrl key (and LED stays off) and the right 'enter' key becomes 'alt' (this enter key is really useless.)

- A patch that would disable the track pad drag area for a short delay just after hitting the keyboard keys (variable but half a sec. would be nice to start with.) I find too many often while typing that the cursor jump around when the palm of my hand comes too close from the track pad.

These features would definitely boost my productivity by a big factor.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Laurent