Re: French keymap on TiBook ?

Michael Schmitz <schmitz@opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

> BS. Anyone is 'allowed' to send bug reports. Only developers can
> _close_ or otherwise modify bug reports (severity, merge with other
> bugs of the same kind, etc.)

Actually you don't need to be a developer at all to close bug reports
or merge them.  In fact, a nice thing one can do for Debian even
without being a developer is to remove some old cruft from the BTS.
If you see a bug that you can verify has been fixed for ages, go ahead
and close it.

However, I wouldn't mess with bugs unless you are sure you know what
you're doing; randomly closing or modifying bugs without
double-checking they are fixed is a sure way to make a maintainer very
irritated.