Re: Switching to 2.4.12 found ADB keycodes (long)

On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 00:44, Ali Bahar wrote:

> The only reference I see to keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes is in
> linux/Documentation/Configure.help. That doc implies the sensible
> association between CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES and
> keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes. However, it never explicitly says that
>   CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=n
> would result in
>   keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1

A kernel which doesn't support ADB keycodes has no choice but to use
Linux keycodes.

> Also note that running 'dpkg-reconfigure console-data' had no complaints
> when I ran it in an ADB kernel (as shown by CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y)
> with keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 and an ADB boottime.kmap.gz!

boottime.kmap.gz isn't currently checked (could it even be done
reasonably?), the warning only appears if ADB keycodes are currently
used. I think it would be a good idea to show the warning at any rate.