Re: german keymap for old iBook

Hi!

on 25.11.2001 12:51 Uhr, Michel Dänzer at daenzer@debian.org wrote:

> On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 08:58, Sebastian Klemke wrote:
>
>> Fn-apple is what I want to avoid. I want my Fn-Key working like an Fn-key
>> should,
>
> Err... on this Pismo, the keys look like you _are_ supposed to press fn
> for F1-6 - they're printed the same color like the fn key while the
> 'special' functions are printed white.

On my iBookthe color of Fn and F1-6 are also the same, but the default
setting used to be F1-6 without pressing the Fn-Key. I suppose this is a
MacOS problem that comes from my recent update to MacOS 9.2.1, it seems this
OS resets the settings everytime I reboot to Linux.

>> but some OS on this machine always resets it.
>
> The settings in MacOS 9 should be preserved in NVRAM, or does MacOS X
> reset it?

I know they should, but they simply aren't. MacOS... *sigh*

>> This problem is still unsolved for me.
>
> As I have already pointed out, a utility for this was posted to this
> list some time ago.

I'll go and have a look for it.

Read U!

packet