Re: X on the new TiBooks

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 11:30:10AM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
>
> > DefaultDepth  depth
> >       specifies which color depth the server should use  by  default.
> >       The -depth  command line option can be used to override this.  If
> >       neither is specified, the default depth is driver-specific, but in
> >       most cases is 8.
>
> Yes, I've got that set.  It doesn't appear to be causing the framebuffer
> to get configured appropriately (or at least, it gives a very screwy
> colourmap unless I do what Chris suggested and use fbset before starting
> the server).

Same here (as you can tell by the XF86Config-4 that I posted with that
message).  From what Ben posted, there are still some buglets in the
radeonfb code (no doubt...it's fairly new with regards to this particular
variant).

At any rate, I'm just happy to have X running at all, even if it's using
the FB driver :-)