PPC 8600 mouse

Hi everyone there!!

 I trying to install Debian on my PPC 8600 and I am
having a hell of a time(the little I have aoutside the
work), I have tried the archived tips from the list
and none worked, maybe I have done something
wrong(It´s my first installation of linux on mac) or
they simple don´t work, the fact is I am buying Yellow
Dog linux just to hack the mouse configuration
line(provided it work) and reinstal Debian.

 Someone has a better solution?
 My mouse is the one that selled with all the older
apples. Think its PS/2 but I am not pretty sure.

 Tanks everyone.