Re: Heaven!

Matt Brubeck wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Christian Zapf wrote:
>
> > The only thing I could not yet figure out is how to change the screen
> > resolution on my AppleVision 17" monitor. My XF86Config files looks
> > OK, but fbset seems to know only about "640x480-66". If I can't fix
> > that on my own, I guess I'll drop a note here to get some help.
>
> I'll try to help even though you haven't asked yet.  :)
>
> If you are booting with "no video driver" or "video=ofonly", then you
> won't be able to change resolution.  If you have one of these enabled in
> your bootloader, disable it.  I believe your machine should be using the
> atyfb driver.

Thanks Matt! I checked what kernel arguments I could add to set the
right resolution. On my PM 8500 I need "video=controlfb", I also added
vmode:18"" which is supported by my display. However, I cannot change
resolutions on the fly. I'm wondering if that would work by simply
dropping the "vmode:18" part... I'll have to try that later on.

Cheers

Christian