Re: nano: On Oldworld PowerPC, nano freezes machine when help is being displayed

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 08:30:05PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Re: lot of rebooting with manual fsck and the like: Been there, done that
> while debugging XFree86 4.0 on the Lombard. I'd try to get emergency sync
> going with SysRq, failing that I'd try to get as much info out of the
> crash by using serial console and hooking a panic() workalike to some
> trigger (special key if the keyboard interrupt is still working; do
> Powermacs have some sort of NMI interrupt switch??).

yes, all powermacs have had a NMI switch, its usually labeled
something like:

(\/)

however newwer machines don't seem to have this as its own button,
instead its triggered via command power, but im not sure that works
under linux, or if its even low level enough anymore.

imacs have it hidden away in a pinhole next to the reboot (aka MacOS)
switch.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/