Re: ldconfig error

EthanEthan Benson
On 05-Nov-01, Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 09:58:48PM +0100, John Lord wrote:
>> Hi Michael

>>> Please run file and ldd on these files.
>>

>> ldd -d -r -v /usr/bin/X11/startx
>>     not a dynamic executable
>>

> startx is a shell script, and its not the source of your error, startx
> is running fine, its encountering errors when i tries to excecute
> /bin/xauth and /bin/xinit which you can clearly see in the errors above.

OK, I wasn't sure about that, but since making sure that these are in the
right dir, I can now boot to login GUI with KDM.

Regards
--
John

Success is like a fart - only your own smells nice.
-- James P. Hogan
mail: chaos@lamiga.screaming.net http://www.lordofchaos.co.uk ICQ 110130385
Nick = Chaos A1200 BlizzardPPC 240mhz 060/50 BlizzardVision OS3.9