Re: Recent PPC Reiser support & Reiser strategy

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:17:16PM -0500, Jean-Francois Landry wrote:

> On the other hand, XFS has been ported over to PowerPC and should be
> stable by now. Oh, and ext3 might work also (haven't checked).

I'll let other people comment on the reiser parts of your msg, but ext3
(2.4) has worked fine for many people for a while, (prior to 0.9.5) and
ext3-0.9.6 squashed the last endian bug I've seen.  If you don't want to
reinstall (or _have to_) backup, ext3 makes lots of sense. :)  I've
heard antectodtal evidence that the 2.2 versions of ext3 work on PPC
too.

And, for what it's worth, I updated a box of mine remotely from ext2 to
ext3 w/o a hitch.

Tho if you don't mind the reinstall and can backup, XFS does sound like
A Good Thing.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/