Re: running XFree 4.1.0 on ibook2 problem

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, lieven theys wrote:

> I compiled the r128.o driver by compiling it in its
> directory with the command:
> make -f Makefile.linux r128.o

> The made sure X will find the driver when starting.

Where did you do this? It sounds like you're building the kernel DRM
module.

> But when the driver is loaded, and used I get an error

> (EE) LoadModule: Module r128 does not have a
> r128ModuleData data object.

> any thoughts of what may be going on?

You're making it load a module that it doesn't understand. It sounds like
you're building the kernel DRM module and putting it in XFree86's module
directory. Don't do that. Move that module under
/lib/modules/<kernelver>/misc (make it if it doesn't exist), then run
'depmod -a'.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN