Re: KDE System Tray Battery Meter + location

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 23:54, Jesse David Andrews wrote:

[ about APM emulation ]

> Haven't tried that....  My app works for me with pmud.  So I don't
> think I want to recompile with something else in my kernel when I can
> fix it in user-land.  (That is if there are no other benefits to
> compiling apm emulation in besides having an "offical" kde battery
> monitor..  if there is, I probably will switch over next time I
> upgrade kernels ;)

There are other reasons, e.g. the X server uses APM to notice when the
system is put to sleep so it can properly shut down and/or reinitialize
the hardware.

> If anyone is interested in the application it is available at:
>
> http://sac.uky.edu/~jdandr2/

You only replied to me though, I assume it's fine with you that I follow
up to the list. ;)

PS: Please have your mailer wrap long lines. Proper quoting would be
nice too.