X crash on login

Hello every,

After my nightly "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade," I reboot this
morning to discover that X crashes when I attempt to login through kdm.
After about the third crash, I get dropped to a shell, where I can login
to the command line, and type "startx," but that crashes, too. I don't
want to include the entire log file, so the relevant part is listed
below. I haven't changed anything related to the configuration that
always worked in the past, so I have to assume that it's a change in X
somewhere....I'm running woody, by the way...

Thanks for the help!

Russell

(II) TDFX(0): 989 lines of offscreen memory available for 2D and video
(EE) TDFX(0): [dri] tdfx DRI not supported in 32 bpp mode, disabling DRI.
(II) TDFX(0): [dri] To use DRI, invoke the server using 16 bpp
	(-depth 15 or -depth 16).