Re: trouble installing on a mac

I was finally able to install. Despite my observation that I didn't see lights blinking on my modem, it worked to use /dev/ttyS0. On some web page somewhere or other I found a statement to the effect that the modem port on older macs and the built-in modem on newer macs is /dev/ttyS1, but this wasn't the case for my (old) 8500. I can't comment on newer macs.

Sometime in the next few days I'll try to write up an article about installing on my 8500 and will post the URL here. It will be somewhere beneath

http://www.goingware.com/linux/

(where I presently have some helpful config files for my x86 laptop and desktop machines).

Best,

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com/