Partition Limit?

I'm trying to triple boot (Mac 9/X, Debian) on my new 30 gig drive.  OS
X put a bunch of small partitions on the drive, bumping my linux
partitions to numbers 14, 15, and 16.  Before OS X did so, there were 4
more gigs of free space after the linux partitions.  mac-fdisk no longer
shows this space.

Is this because of a 16-partition limit?  Or did OS X hose the partition
map somehow?  Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,

--
Brian

                                            "We are each of us angels with