Re: Install: force Lombard to use yaboot, not quik

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:53:30PM +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> Hi Ethan
>
> Thanks for all your time so far.
>
> For anyone else who is coming in on this thread, I'm trying to install
> Debian on a Lombard. The potato installers set quik as the boot system.
> I need yaboot, which should work in woody. Using the woody installers, I
> get to the base-install stage of the install and then get stuck as the
> system tries to find a 'Release' or 'basedebs.tgz' file over http. I'm
> really stuck.

use a mirror that doesn't suck giant rocks through coffee stirrers and
spew chunks all over the wall.

like say:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian

http.us.debian.org has to be about the WORST possible choice, its
unfortunate its default.

try kernel.org and see how it goes.

--
Ethan Benson