Re: Advice on a iBook ...

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, CaRLoS mOGUeL wrote:

> I was not using a bootstrap and it was working just
> fine.

Say what? So where were you installing the yaboot loader to?

> image=hd:,\\\\vmlinux

That's wrong. You should have a 'boot=' line that indicates your bootstrap
partition, and the 'device=' and 'partition=' options should point to the
FS where your kernels are stored. (Or at least a partition number...)

> label=vmlinux
> root=/dev/hda10
> append="video=atyfb:mode:800x600-8"

Is that all you have to it?

> How it looks your yaboot.conf for the multiboot ? ...

I've got a FireWire iBook, so I use the Option-key boot selector for
multiibooting on the iBook. Adding a 'macos=<dev>' line, however, will
cause ybin to set up an OF script to prompt for what OS to boot (there are
others, read the yaboot.conf manpage). (My yaboot.conf is attached.)

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN
boot=/dev/hda13
device=hd:
partition=11
timeout=20
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
root=/dev/hda11
append="video=aty128fb:vmode:14,cmode:8"
read-only
icon=/etc/large-penguin.mbicon

image=/vmlinux
	label=Linux