Trouble getting airport to talk to UFO base station

I've got a Titanium Powerbook with airport card installed and an airport
base station but I'm having trouble getting them to talk.

I think I have got the airport card configured now.  iwconfig gives me:

lo    no wireless extentions

eth1  IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"bren-wlan"  Nickname:"HERMES I"
         Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.422GHz  Access Point:
44:44:44:44:44:44
         Bit Rate=11Mb/s  Tx-Power=15 dBm  Sensitivity:1/3
         Retry limit:4  RTS thr:off  Fragment thr:off
         Encryption key:off
         Power mangement:offf
         Link Quality:0/92  Signal level:-102 dBm  Noise level:-102 dBm
         Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:0 invalid misc:0

Do these look OK ?  I'm a little concerned at Access Point value and not
sure about the RF parameters.

How do I configure the base station ?
It's connected to a PC running a DHCP server but I'm not sure if the
base station is setup to use DHCP.

Thanks for any help or pointers,
Brendan Simon.