Re: .config for boot-floppy-hfs.img

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 01:52:43AM +0200, damsnet@free.fr wrote:

> you mean I should not use arch/ppc/boot/zvmlinux for a bootdisk? That's a very
> interesting information since I always used this one :) and that's probably why
> it never worked. I suppose the right one is arch/ppc/coffboot/vmlinux.coff .
> thanks a lot for this info.

vmlinux.coff is only for OpenFirmware booting, and only on OldWorlds.
(it fails miserably on newworlds).

> If you know more about making a bootable cd with that all, it will be great
> too...

its impossible on oldworld, not without lots of kludgery and expensive
proprietary software on a proprietary OS, and requiring a licence to
distribute the result.  thats why debian will never have oldworld
bootable CDs.

for newworlds its quite easy, look at debian-cd source for how.  (or
list archives where i have explained it a bit).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/