Re: Anyone got sshd running on debianPPC?

At 4:14 PM -0800 9/23/01, Ethan Benson wrote:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 01:25:34PM -0500, Kevin van Haaren wrote:
 On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 03:29:27AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

 > you also can't login as root remotly, thats a feature.

This is NOT the default behavior on the C500 I'm installing. I installed Potato, then upgraded to Woody. I can log in as root and I've not (yet) changed any of the config files that are installed by default.

default is no root login on potato, the lame maintainer changed it in woody.

something you should always set to no.  allowing root login is a
security hole.

Well, I usually create one special account and it is the only account allowed to login via ssh (and can not access any other way, i.e. no ftp or pop3 access for that account).

but on this system I'm still trying to figure out how to build a 2.4.x kernel that works with XFS (actually, I'd like to get any 2.4.x kernel that works -- benh, stock or XFS on top of stock). Once I figure it out I plan on reformatting anyway, so at the moment I'm relying on my firewall to protect the box.