dmasound

I have the 2.2.19 kernel from Potato on a g4 tower. When I try to start
esd I get:
/dev/dsp: No such device

I have done a MADEDEV audio and have:

crw-rw---- 1 root audio 14, 3 [date/time] dsp

I have installed soundcore and dmasound, and added myself to the audio group.

Thanks for any help

--
Bill Carini
--- Begin Message ---

I have a 2.2.19 kernel on a g4 tower. When i try to start esd I get:
/dev/dsp: No such device

I have done a MADEDEV audio and have:

crw-rw---- 1 root audio	14, 3 [date/time] dsp

I have installed soundcore and dmasound, and added myself to the audio group.

Thank for any help

--
Bill Carini

--- End Message ---