Re: apt-get barfs with a SIGSEGV

Laurent de Segur <ldesegur@mac.com> writes:

> Running Woody latest on ppc. I never had trouble running apt-get but
> today I got apt-get to exit with with a SIGSEGV twice in a
> row. Fortunately, the second time I was running the bogger with gdb
> and I caught this:

It looks like there is a similar bug, #112361.  It doesn't look like
it's dying in the same place, but it might be related.

I would send your debugging information to 112361@bugs.debian.org.
Some people said that removing the cache files fixed the problem for
them; I'd suggest trying that, and mention in the bug report whether
or not that fixes the problem for you, too.