Problem resizing windows horizontally

Hi,

I have recently been experiencing a very annoying problem (since I updated
XFree to 4.1 in testing) with X running Sawfish default theme. In this
window style (and a couple of others), there is no right border on the
window frame, and resizing is done, I believe by selecting the window at the
bottom even when you want to resize the width. I am using a MS optical USB
wheel mouse (the white one, not the silver one, awesome mouse btw.)

When I try to select the bottom frame and resize the height by dragging the
mouse, no problemo. When I drag to the right to resize the width, no way. If
I select another style with a right border on the window, it will work.

If I select the 2nd and 3rd button on the mouse together, sometimes, it does
the trick, and will resize horizontally, sometimes not. It could be many
things (events, driver, xconfig.) and as I didn't touched any of those for a
while, I am just puzzled about this happening.

Has anyone else, seen the problem? I'd appreciate any help you can think
about, as I am running of ideas on what to try to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Laurent