Re: sleep on non power- and ibooks

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> If they have the same power management hardware (one of the supported PMU
> versions) they should sleep just as the laptops. pmud is the package you
> need, in case you were unclear on this.

I am pretty sure that at least the later (slot-loader) iMacs have the PMU
chipset in them as opposed to the CUDA chipset, making them candidates for
power-management stuff. I don't know if the power button can be used to
put the system to sleep, but you can just run /sbin/snooze (and add a
button/menu item in your WM of choice to run it) to put the box to sleep
if not.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN