xfree 4.0.2 font problems

I have installed unofficial debs for xfree 4.0.2 from Steve Hanley
(thanks). I have one problem though (I didn't see this with LinuxPPC's X
4.0.0 when I had that running ages ago), maybe someone can help: most
fonts are
rendered backwards (this is sort of difficult to describe, but the words
are written in short blocks left to right with each block facing
backwards) - as you can imagine this makes things a little difficult to
read. Does anyone have an idea what might be going on here - I'm hetting
sort of desperate.

If it helps I here is the package status for the X xomponents from dpkg):

|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems
(Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                       Version                    Description
+++-==========================-==========================-====================================================================
ii  lbxproxy                   4.0.2-7                    Low Bandwidth X (LBX) proxy server
ii  libdps-dev                 4.0.2-7                    Display PostScript (DPS) client library development files
ii  libdps1                    4.0.2-7                    Display PostScript (DPS) client library
ii  libxaw-dev                 4.0.2-7                    X Athena widget set library development files
ii  libxaw7                    4.0.2-7                    X Athena widget set library
ii  proxymngr                  4.0.2-7                    X proxy services manager
ii  twm                        4.0.2-7                    Tab window manager
ii  xbase-clients              4.0.2-7                    miscellaneous X clients
rc  xdm                        4.0.2-7                    X display manager
ii  xfonts-100dpi              4.0.2-7                    100 dpi fonts for X
ii  xfonts-75dpi               4.0.2-7                    75 dpi fonts for X
ii  xfonts-base                4.0.2-7                    standard fonts for X
ii  xfonts-cyrillic            4.0.2-7                    Cyrillic fonts for X
ii  xfonts-pex                 4.0.2-7                    fonts for minimal PEX support in X
ii  xfonts-scalable            4.0.2-7                    scalable fonts for X
ii  xfree86-common             4.0.2-7                    X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
ii  xfs                        4.0.2-7                    X font server
ii  xfwp                       4.0.2-7                    X firewall proxy server
ii  xlib6g-dev                 4.0.2-7                    pseudopackage providing X library development files
ii  xlib6g                     4.0.2-7                    pseudopackage providing X libraries
ii  xlibmesa-dev               4.0.2-7                    XFree86 version of Mesa 3D graphics library development files
ii  xlibmesa3                  4.0.2-7                    XFree86 version of Mesa 3D graphics library
ii  xlibs-dev                  4.0.2-7                    X Window System client library development files
ii  xlibs                      4.0.2-7                    X Window System client libraries
ii  xnest                      4.0.2-7                    nested X server ii  xprt                       4.0.2-7                    X print server
ii  xserver-common             4.0.2-7                    files and utilities common to all X servers
ii  xserver-xfree86            4.0.2-7                    the XFree86 X server
ii  xspecs                     4.0.2-7                    X protocol, extension, and library technical specifications
ii  xterm                      4.0.2-7                    X terminal emulator
ii  xutils                     4.0.2-7                    XFree86 utility programs
ii  xvfb                       4.0.2-7                    virtual framebuffer X server

thanks
Dan Kortschak

--

If you were not sent this message, please delete and forget it. If you
were, be aware that we don't guarantee it free of virus; the health of
your system is your own responsibility, do what you feel is necessary.
By replying to this email you implicitly accept that your response may
be forwarded to other recipients.
Permission is granted for fair use reproduction.