Re: XFree86 update question

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 10:13:49AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > People silly enough to upgrade the kernel on an old distribution will get
> > > hurt.
> >
> > idiots who touch a hot stove will get burned.  whats your point?
>
> That idiots are among Debian users nonetheless. It'll happen (in that
> particular case we've seen it happen). Branding these people as idiots
> isn't going to make them shut up or switch to another distro.

they get what they deserve.  call them idiots, tell them to rtfm, and
drop them into the killfile.

morons are NOT a good reason to leave debian in a broken and crappy
state (adb keycodes).

> That's what didn't work for me when I tried. Anyway, I've neither had
> space nor time to play with MOL on Debian for a while, that's why I said
> it may be fixed now.

oh by all means lets leave debian in a broken and shitty deficient
state because you can't figure out how to compile a kernel module.  ffs...

> Anyway, let's drop this topic now. There's not much new coming up :-)

please do kill this stupid thread.

the changes have been discussed, agreed upon and implemented.  the
transition is complete.  the debian kernel WILL NOT support adb
keycodes, thats the way it must be and will be.  END OF DISCUSSION.

FFS!! RTFM! FOAD!

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/