Re: HFS+ (MacOS) in contrast to EXT2 (Linux-i386)

Laurent de Segur <ldesegur@mac.com> writes:

> Talking of which... Is anyone using one of the journaling fs
> (Reiser, XFS, JFS) on PowerPC daily and having some comments they
> would like to report? I was planning on switching to ReiserFS or XFS
> for my home dir. Which one, if any, would be the most stable?

I've been using XFS for some weeks now, and I've had very few
problems.  And if one does have problems with XFS filesystems getting
corrupted (either through XFS/kernel bugs or bad hardware), then there
are very mature tools (like xfs_repair) to use.

It is also very fast, and has neat features like ACLs and dynamic
inode allocation.