Re: HFS Plus on Linux ?

>Ethan, do you have any specific information on when/how HFS was corrupted?
>What kernel versions?
>
>I've heard about this problem for a while, but I haven't seen anything that
>talked about what specific operations were performed to create the
corruption.

I can't tell for corruption (well, I did _once_ have a file written from
linux appearing corrupted on macos), but I know HFS has some nasty locking
bugs. At least on SMP kernels, it can easily lockup the box.

One problem with writing filesystems for linux is that the locking rules
and the underlying cache semantics keep changing.

Ben.