Re: XFree86 update question

Hi,

I did my home work, and still get bitten by this keymapping problem.

I added append="keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1" in my yaboot.conf, and now
I get the XFree86 to play nice and give me the right keymapping.  The only
trouble is that the keymapping for the console before X starts is now wrong.

I know this since I have netenv installed, and it won't work correctly.
Actually, while booting if I hit keys, I can see that they don't map
correctly as they output to the console.

Same story with virtual consoles after X started. Keymapping is all screwed
up inside them too (so no way to find out what keys under this mapping I
should enter to go back to X.)

It seems that the append="keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1" option has fixed
the problem with XF86, it's just that now that the console has a broken
keymapping. Is it one or the other?

I have a kernel-image-2.4.8-powerpc needed for the iBook 2001 because of
aty128fb support (as mentioned earlier with my do-quiesce screen mail)
My other email mentioned a problem both compiling 2.4.8 and 2.4.9 from
kernel-sources so I am kinda stock with the binary image only.

Is the keyboard USB on the new iBook 2001? It looks like it, since the
keymapping isn't broken at boot time until USB gets loaded and replaces OF
driver.

If someone can give me a pointer, I would sincerely appreciate.

Laurent