Re: xfree 4.0.3 debs for powerpc

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 10:22:36AM +0930, Dan wrote:
> Does anyone have debs for xfree 4.0.3 (or above) built on a powerpc against
> potato a la C P Botha
> http://cpbotha.net/building_xfree86_4.1.0_debs_on_potato.HOWTO I have tried to
> do the build on my box but the `LOTS' of disk space needed are beyond what I can
> scrounge.

I still have some X 4.0.2 debs and X 4.1.0 debs built against potato, the
4.1.0 pre1v1.3 debs work ifne on potato but depend oon the new debhlper or
somehting, i got around this by force installing them and then editing the
dpkg status file to change their dependacnies so apt would still work.

AFAIR the 4.0.2 debs had a r128 driver that failed on my laptop (pismo) and I
was using a module I hhad hand compiled from 4.0.1 sources with that X install
at the time AFAIR.

I no longer use either set of debs as I upgraded to unstable, however I can
put them up somewhere for download if necessary.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh