Re: XFree86 update question

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 00:08, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

[ broken keymap with XFree86 4.1.0 ]

>  I tried both "macintosh" and "pc101" in dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86, both of which should give the correct mappings for the
> new input layer (which I've been using since it first arrived in
> kernel-image-2.2.18pre21-pmac), right?

"macintosh" should for a Mac keyboard, the "pcxxx" XkbModels are for PC
keyboards.

Note that not 'the new input layer' demands a certain XkbModel (it's
used for both ADB and Linux keycodes), Linux keycodes do.

> Second problem: using gdm and gnome-session, the mouse stops working
> after the first logout, that is, the mouse is frozen at the second gdm
> login screen.  I observed this behavior also on an i386 system freshly
> installed with X 4.1.0 three weeks ago (but not on previously-installed
> continuously-upgraded systems), and switched to /dev/gpmdata, which
> solved it for some time, then it broke again, so I removed gpm.
>  Unfortunately, there is no /dev/gpmdata on PPC,

Of course there is, you just have to configure gpm accordingly. It
shouldn't be necessary though as /dev/input/mice works with any number
of processes using it.

> Ethan Benson wrote:
> >switch the kernel to use linux keycodes.
> >
> Done that (long since).

Are you sure? /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
doesn't exist or contains 1?