Re: Netbooting/Quik/SystemDisk

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 08:20:02PM -0300, Ricardo Pardini wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     i was wondering, has anyone tried netbooting Debian on PPC? I own
> a Beige G3, the one that has a lot of problems with OpenFirmware (it?s
> OF 2.01f) and because of that I can only boot Linux via BootX, which
> annoys me very much because I have to keep MacOS and all this 5
> partitions on the internal IDE HD. I was unable to boot quik from
> OpenFirmware until I used Apple?s System Disk
> (http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/SystemDisk-tutorial/) but now I
> can get into quik but not make quik load vmlinux (it says I must type
> the path to the image...?).
>     I found out that typing "boot enet" at the OpenFirmware actually
> tried to get an IP address using the builtin ethernet (BMAC I think)
> via BOOTP.
>     Is there any chance of getting it to run via netboot?

if you have not already, have a read of
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/netboot.html although it claims to be
newwolrd, a lot of that applies to all, also the list archives contain some
mention from time to time of people getting oldworlds working fine to
netboot. No idea about any details for your model in particular though sorry.

         See You
             Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh