strange kernels behavior

I've installed both lastest 2-2-19 and 2-4-8 kernels from testing and I have some problems using both of them :

while precedent release of 2-2-19 kernel worked really fine for me, lastest doesn't seem to care about my keymaps. I event tried to manually use loadkeys to load my keymap and other keymaps, which as no effect, the problem happen in console and with X. Meanwhile I have a strange bug wich give me some errors if I want to log into the console, and telnet is not accessible (allowing connections but leaving before asking a login).
here is the message log.

end_request: I/O error, dev 03:4b (hdb), sector 1067704
hdb: timeout waiting for DMA
hdb: irq timeout: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdb: irq timeout: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=7220218, sector=106770

hdb is my linux hdd while hda is my macos hdd

Meanwhile with the 2-4-8 kernel, I have no keymap problems but I experienced some system freeze while accessing some files. I experienced the same problem for 2-2-19 kernel as for console login, excepted that it's not an error message I have but a system freeze. moreover when the kernel starts it produce a 4 strange lines filled with color rectangles including a circle, I'm pretty sure that it's not a kernel hacker's joke (but why not :-) ), and get an error message with the rtc module :

rtc: I/O port 112 is not free.

I must add that I use a mixed testing/unstable system without any broken dependencies, on a black&white 400MHz G4. I want to mention either that I have no problem to log with kdm (except the fact that with the 2-2-19 kernel, as the keymap is completely false, it's not easy to type a correct password :-( )

Thank you for any help

Damien GUIHAL
Nantes France