Re: debian-powerpc: yaboot & ybin bug ???

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 11:57:56PM -0700, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> > Actually, I noticed that, since with my particular config, I need to
> > add video=ofonly at the end of the param line (when I want to recover
> > in the same way as Brendan), the penguin logo will stick to the top of
> > the screen and never disappear until I reboot.
>
> Does it stay there even if you switch to another virtual terminal
> (alt+Fx) or run an X server?

best way to deal with that silly penguin is use mingetty instead of
getty.  mingetty resets the terminal and clears the screen.

otherwise you have to run setterm -reset manually otherwise things
bahave strangly.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/