Re: problem with yaboot/ybin on iBook

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 01:22:04AM -0700, Arrigo Benedetti wrote:

> Yes, after changing the type of the bootstrap partition to Apple_Bootstrap
> it works. I was following the instructions at
> http://www.xiph.org/~jack/ibook/instnotes.html which suggest to make the
> bootstrap partition of type Apple_HFS.

and those docs are WRONG, i have told them they are wrong but he won't
listen and like LinuxPPC is creating headaches for me yet again.

since he won't listen to me perhaps you would mail him and inform him
that his misinformation caused you problems and to please correct it.

/me ponders adding mandatory checks to ybin to enforce the
Apple_Bootstrap type.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/