Re: GPL flash player/plugin...

Ethan Benson wrote:
On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 10:38:53PM -0400, Josh Huber wrote:

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

ping the ITPer and if you get no response do it yourself.
ack, it appears as if there are .c files copied from the netscape
plugin SDK which makes it under the unable-to-package category...which
is unfortunate:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=81708&repeatmerged=yes

this really doesn't seem that hard to work around.  someone should
just rewrite the non-free parts.

its also not clear if upstream has been notified, if they haven't they
should be.

Upstream is too busy working on other Flash stuff afaik. The latest upstream is more than a year old (I announced it after browsing quite a lot, and finding a newer release than on fm.net with google).

I think this project is pretty dead these days, and the bug list (even on x86) is pretty long.

Cheers