Re: searching for xine testers

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:37:47AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > So if you just get it running: fine! Nice if you'd send me a note.
>
> Built them on powerpc without a hitch, and they basically work. :)

works fine here on a pismo (g3) with unstable installed, have not tried to
play anything yet, dont have any videos at work, I have some dvds at home
though.

I wonder, will these packages play dvds? or do I need to somehow hook decss or
something into the package?

> > If there are any severe showstoppers: hmmm, notify me, or maybe even
> > <xine-devel@lists.sf.net>, so we can find a solution.
>
> One thing is that it seems to hang when it can't initialize sound.

yeah I found that, had to type "xine -A oss" to get it to run. And the oss
initialisation said it may have issues with sound synchronisation, possibly
just an issue with powerpc. (I have no idea)

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh