Re: G4 Debian Install problem

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, [iso-8859-1] Jeffrey C. Long wrote:

> upon boot, yaboot successfully launches and shows me an icon of the
> linux harddrive, but when it is selected, it says it cannot find the
> kernel.

Are you referring to the graphical boot menu that appears when you hold
down 'option' during boot?

> i've searched through the mail list archives for some help on how to
> troubleshoot, but can't come up with a solution.
>
> i would appreciate some suggestions as to how i can troubleshoot this
> and get booted.

If you boot from the installation disk again and start the installer, you
can then switch to the second virtual console (type command-F2 ... or was
it the third console?) and get a shell.  You can then mount your root
partition and try to see what's wrong.

If you need more specific ideas of where to look, write back.