Re: switch from ADB to linux keycodes ...

Gregory P. Keeney writes:
> [Albert Cahalan]

>> So for a Ctrl-A you get:
>>
>> 1. crummy key down
>> 2. 'A' key down
>> 3. 'A' key up
>> 4. generate synthetic key-up event for the crummy key
>
> That is sort of what I did. However, the way the caps lock key works
> makes it impracticle: The keypress event is sent when you first press
> the key... The key release event is sent when the key is released the
> second time. This leads to rather inconsistant behaivior. The
> workaround would be to train oneself to simply release the key every
> time, but I don't really like that, and it makes Emacs sequences a
> pain (e.g., C-x-s becomes: C-x C-s).

For that, you have the ~/.emacs file. Make "Ctrl-X S" do what you
would have "Ctrl-X Ctrl-S" do. Emacs is just welfare for hand
surgeons and physical therapists anyway; you wouldn't have this
problem if you were using joe.

Alt-Ctrl-Del or Ctrl-Alt-Del is already handled, since you don't
let go of any key until the first two are pressed.

Generate the synthetic key-up event for a mouse button click too.