Re: vlc 0.2.82 debs available

Oh boy, already following up my own post! :)

Josh Huber <huber@debian.org> writes:

> Indeed, I just looked at this, and with two changes I have XVideo
> working (depending on your definetion of working...that is :) on my
> lombard.  The color palette is screwed up, but other than that, the
> speedup is very noticeable.  I suspect that the palette is a simple
> endian issue in the XVideo code, that's been fixed elsewhere, but I
> couldn't see it on a first scan through.

I tried switching my x server from depth 16 to depth 24, and the
palette issue went away.  The video is a little jumpy, and there's not
quite enough cpu left to play the audio without skipping, but it does
work.

There is an issue of little white dots on the screen being drawn where
motion occurs.  This doesn't happen when using the x11 output plugin,
so I assume it's an artifact introducted by the xvideo code?  I wonder
if someone who knew more about this sort of thing would be able to
figure it out... :)

> Yes, this would be good, but it still wouldn't help the poor people
> with mach64. :)

What I meant to say, was "it wouldn't help the poor people without a
G4"...

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |