Re: lazy saturday notebook comparo (long)

--- Michael Blakeley <mike@blakeley.com> wrote:

> The poster implicitly distinguished between targeted
> and untargeted
> attacks: calling his defense STO is, I think, an
> oversimplification.
> Sitting outside the target group has its place in
> ameliorating
> least-common-denominator attacks like Red Worm. By
> avoiding the LCD OS
> and applications, you place yourself outside the
> susceptible population.
>
> Choice of OS/protocal/application does not protect
> you against attacks
> targeted specifically at you: your enemies will
> understand PPC buffer
> over-flows, and will exploit them. Still, it's nice
> to know that you are
> less likely than an Intel box to be taken down by
> random acts of
> vandalism.

I have already asked this in a separate thread but
with no answer yet. Can I use the international linux
kernel patch (www.kerneli.org) for file system
encryption?

Are there any other ways to protect PPC laptops if I
leave one alone for some minutes or if it is stolen.

How do you protect your laptops?

Regards
Russell