Re: Can't boot from hd on RS/6000

Hi,

> You shouldn't need this patch, especially if you jump to a recent
version of
> yaboot such as 1.1.1 or the like.

I tried yaboot 1.2.3, but it didn't work, see my other mail.

> This looks almost like something isn't right with the kernel. I assume
that
> you're using the same vmlinux for your default kernel in your
yaboot.conf
> that you are dd'ing when you tried that.

The kernel should be ok, it boots from floppy with "boot floppy;,zimage
root=/dev/sda3".

> If you copy the kernel directly, you should set the OF variable
boot-file to > at least root=/dev/sda3

Yes, that works, and that's fine by me ;-)
(My boss threatened to switch to SuSE if I can't get it to boot ...)

bye,
Jens.

--
Jens Kutilek    * ISITRAIN Schulung und Systemlösungen GmbH
Web-Design      * Postfach 1125, 38174 Wendeburg