Can't boot from hd on RS/6000

Hi,
I have installed Potato on a IBM RS/6000 B50.
I've upgraded to kernel 2.4.8, and am able to boot the system from
floppy.
It just won't boot from hd.
My partitions are like this:
/dev/sda1 PReP-boot 4M
/dev/sda2 /boot     8M
/dev/sda3 /         2G
/dev/sda5 swap

I compiled yaboot 0.8 with a patch from IBM
<http://oss.software.ibm.com/developer/opensource/linux/patches/ppc/yabo
ot-misc.patch.gz > and then did "dd if=yaboot of=/dev/sda1".
Now when I try to boot from hd it says:
Welcome to yaboot version 0.8
Config file read, 4096 bytes
boot:
  Elf32 kernel loaded...

... and then nothing else happens.
I also tried copying the kernel directly to /dev/sda1, then it boots,
but doesn't find the root fs/init.
What can I do? I also tried quik, but it didn't work either.

Jens.

--
Jens Kutilek    * ISITRAIN Schulung und Systemlösungen GmbH
Web-Design      * Postfach 1125, 38174 Wendeburg